Furnaces

The Heating System in Your Home Is Very Important


It keeps you and your family warm throughout the long winters. Therefore it is extremely important to choose a furnace that is just right for your home to keep the temperature comfortable all year long, but can also save energy and money.


Our professional technicians have all the tools and experience to assess and calculate with precision the type and size of furnace that would work best for your home, as well as inform you of all the different options, perform professional installation and remove your old system.


You can be sure that at Pro North Heating, we are dedicated to find the furnace that is right for you at the best price possible. So whether you are thinking about, or are ready to have a new furnace installed, give us a call and we will give you a free quote.*


All new furnaces that are installed in homes today are energy efficient. Yet there are different ranges of efficiency available. The BC Building Code and Gas Code dictates that a furnace with a minimum efficiency rating of 95% has to be installed.


Single Stage Furnace


These furnaces are 95 to 96% efficient. Single stage furnaces fire at a fixed BTU rate and are available with a two speed fan motor or variable speed modulating ECM (DC voltage) motor.


Two Stage Furnace


These furnaces are 95 to 97 % efficient. Two stage furnaces fire at two different BTU rates, referred to as single and second stage, offering greater gas savings, efficiency and room comfort (less temperature swings).


What Does Energy Efficiency Rating Mean?


Generally speaking, if a furnace is for example 95% efficient, 95% of the fuel used by the furnace is heat, while the other 5% goes out the vent.


If you consider upgrading your furnace, remember to take advantage of rebates available when you install a High Efficiency furnace.


UV Light


With your new furnace, you might also consider installing a UV Light (Ultraviolet Germicidal Light). A UV light is installed inside the ductwork of your heating system near the furnace. The light destroys microbial growth, which will give you cleaner and healthier air flow. It helps improve air quality, eliminates odours and cuts down on dust, and potentially reduces triggers for allergies or asthma.


Furnace Maintenance


lf your furnace breaks down frequently, it just doesn't seem to keep up the temperature or your gas bills are going up, it might be time to think about replacing your furnace before it breaks down completely and you are left with no heat in the middle of winter. It could save you money and hassle in the long run.


A Few Furnace Maintenance Tips


Change your air filter regularly, preferably on a monthly basis. This will improve air quality, furnace efficiency and will extend the life expectancy of the furnace. You should also have your furnace cleaned and serviced by a licensed gasfitter annually.


*We offer free quotes in Fort St. John and 10 km radius.

Copyright Pro North Heating Inc 2018 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice